Variety Detroit is a children's charity--simply helping kids no matter the need--by providing vital medical and therapeutic services, essential support, and recreational and educational opportunities to children with unique and special needs.
With the partnership of a dedicated board of directors, supporters, volunteers, and a small but mighty staff of two, Variety serves more than 20,000 children annually.
Variety has 45 tents around the world. Variety Detroit Tent 5 was established in 1932 and keeps funds raised locally, allocating them swiftly and directly so that 90 cents of every dollar is directly applied towards improving the lives of children in our communities.
Quite simply, Variety is small enough to listen but big enough to make a difference—swiftly and soundly, with dignity and compassion. However, we cannot do it alone. Your support helps to provide:
• state-of-the-art, life-like electronic prosthetic hands for children with upper limb differences through the Variety Myoelectric Center for nearly 40 years
• weekend meals to 1,800 elementary students in the Pontiac School District in partnership with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office through Variety Feeds Kids
• brand new bicycles, locks, and helmets to children in need as well as adaptive cycles for children with special needs throughout the year via Variety Bikes for Kids
• therapeutic riding lessons to children with physical and/or cognitive challenges through the Variety 4-H Horseback Riding Program
• essentials such as clothing, bedding, winter apparel, toys and juvenile products to children across Southeastern Michigan through Variety Kids in Distressed Situations
• fresh fruit and vegetables to families in need via the Variety Produce Rescue Mission
On behalf of Variety and the children we serve, thank you for your partnership and support as we foster independence and inclusion while creating happier and healthier childhoods. To learn more about our programs, please call 248-258-5511.